Home         Meet the Teacher         Materials You Can Donate         Things to Try at Home         Contact the Teacher


Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Fabulous Fourth Graders~ Weaving 2013

This was a first! I have always wanted to weave, and not just with paper stips, so I chose Fourth grade to give it a try.
GAVIN
 I have heard that other art teachers prep the cardboard looms for the students but I felt they needed to know how to do it themselves so even though it took an entire class to add the warp pieces it was worth it.
 It took 3 more full classes to weave plus students took their loom home to complete.
JOSIE
MOLLY
 I don't think I've ever done a project where the students were so enamoured with their work. They were so impressed with themselves!
HEATHER
 And even though they weren't perfect and we found ourselves totally tangled at times it was a success and something I would definitely repeat every year in fourth grade.
JACK
I mean really. You know it was a sucess when more then a few boys were overheard saying "I'm gonna do this again and make myself a scarf!"

No comments:

Post a Comment